ICOM756 Control

Here we will discuss any subject related to the Android Pocket Transceiver which is available for free download in Google Play Store
w2hff

Re: ICOM756 Control

Post by w2hff »

Dan:
I did some more testing today. I diverted the xmit audio to my pc speakers, and I could hear a clicking sound once in a while. I put it back to my rig, and noticed that in xmit, the same click goes to the mic audio on the rig. Otherwise, no audio.

Howard
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hello Howard,

To better understand, you say that if you select in jAReC the PC speaker instead of radio audio interface, you cannot hear the sound from Pocket RxTx when in Tx mode?

73 Dan YO3GGX
w2hff

Post by w2hff »

That is correct.Thanks for the help.
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

I'm a little bit confused.
Let's concentrate on jAReC v4.0.4 and Pocket RxTx v4b4, as v3 will become soon obsolete.

So you have two issues:
- Audio is not passed from Pocket RxTx to jAReC when in Tx
- When in Tx, audio from the radio Mic is used instead of data line.
Please confirm this.

When you transmit from PocketRxTx, is the audio level meter in jAReC showing the level? Please use Audio over TCP in both jAReC v4 and Pocket RxTx v4.

73 Dan YO3GGX
w2hff

Post by w2hff »

Sorry for the delay responding, I am away on vacation.

I'm a little bit confused.
Let's concentrate on jAReC v4.0.4 and Pocket RxTx v4b4, as v3 will become soon obsolete.
I am using 4.04 in V3 compatibility mode, it doesn't work otherwise.

So you have two issues:
- Audio is not passed from Pocket RxTx to jAReC when in Tx
- When in Tx, audio from the radio Mic is used instead of data line.
Please confirm this.
Yes, I initially thought it was working because my mic was picking up the audio and the ap shows the phone mic is working

When you transmit from PocketRxTx, is the audio level meter in jAReC showing the level? Please use Audio over TCP in both jAReC v4 and Pocket RxTx v4. I am running audio port 2048 UDP. 2048 is directed to my PC. I don't see any selection option for TCP for audio in Jarec. /i]
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

w2hff wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:44 pm I am using 4.04 in V3 compatibility mode, it doesn't work otherwise.
If is not working in v4 native mode, will not work in v3 compatibility either.
Yes, I initially thought it was working because my mic was picking up the audio and the ap shows the phone mic is working
This issue cannot be solved if you will not set the PTT over RTS.
When you transmit from PocketRxTx, is the audio level meter in jAReC showing the level? Please use Audio over TCP in both jAReC v4 and Pocket RxTx v4. I am running audio port 2048 UDP. 2048 is directed to my PC. I don't see any selection option for TCP for audio in Jarec. /i]

This selection is available only in version 4 native. In jAReC there is a "LED bar" showing audio volume from the microphone (or from Pocket RxTx) when in server mode. Does this show something when you speak on the PC microphone (direct control) or Pocket RxTx (server v4)?
Again, let's concentrate on v4 only.

Enjoy your vacation.
73 Dan YO3GGX
w2hff

Post by w2hff »

In other the V3 mode, It does not have any audio receive or xmit, with audio over TCP selected. I am not home now, so I cannot tell if it is even controlling the radio without audio. I will be back there in another week. But I know that when I was home, nothing but V3 worked. I'll be back in touch when I am home.

Howard
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Ok.
As stated before, let's make it working in Direct Control mode of jAReC.
73 Dan YO3GGX
arttuli

Post by arttuli »

Jarec v.405 doesn't work with ic7300 either if I use pocketrxtx v3. The new pocketrxtx beta version cannot be used with jarec v 405, because it only works with audio. No controller function is enabled. That's why I use the old pocketrxtx v3.1 and jarec 3.0 because they are the only versions that work. Now I noticed that the old free v3.1 was updated to v3.2. Neither swr nor s meter shows correctly. It used to work too. Even in the paid version, those meters don't show correctly.
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

arttuli wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:55 pm Jarec v.405 doesn't work with ic7300
For sure jAReC v4.0.5 works with IC7300 as this one of the best supported radios (as I have one here).
Again, forget about v3 compatibility mode as there is no reason to use it.
The new pocketrxtx beta version cannot be used with jarec v 405, because it only works with audio.
This is again not true. I'm using it daily without issues with my IC7300. It is still something wrong in your configuration.
Now I noticed that the old free v3.1 was updated to v3.2. Neither swr nor s meter shows correctly. It used to work too. Even in the paid version, those meters don't show correctly.
The only reason for the update (except minor changes) is to comply with some new Google Policies, as the app was removed from Play Store on Dec 30th because of some policies violations that are now fixed.
But again, with IC7300 forget about v3, there is nothing in v3 that is not available in v4.

73 Dan YO3GGX