jAReC5 beta 1

Here we discuss about both jAReC and jarecmini
yo3ggx
Site Admin

jAReC5 beta 1

Post by yo3ggx »

jAReC5 beta 1 (4.99.11) is now available for download

What's new from version 4:
  • Full SDR functionality for Rx, supporting RTL/RSP dongles over rtl_tcp, IQ based receivers (Malahit DSPx, Softrock, etc.), local and remote (over HTTPS) IQ wave files.
  • LSB, USB, CW, AM and FM decoding for IQ signals (Wide FM not yet supported).
  • Redesigned spectrum and waterfall display for SDR, with touch to tune functionalities.
  • Audio spectrum display.
  • Audio DSP for both Rx and Tx, with user configurable low pass, band pass and notch filters (Rx) or band pass and adjustable compander (Tx). This feature is available for any radio.
  • Audio volume adjustment for both input and output audio channels, with level meter for each of them.
  • Full support for (tr)uSDX, including audio over CAT (both Rx and Tx).
  • Audio, waterfall and CAT over the same TCP port (UDP no more used) in client-server mode.
  • Variable bitrate Opus codec is now used instead of uLaw in client-server mode, for lower bandwidth.
  • Possibility to record (in a wave file) received audio, after DSP.
  • Only the first 6 defined parameters are displayed in the main radio window, all the others are available through a separate parameters panel.
  • All radio configuration files are embedded in the application, for the situations when the central server is not available.
  • Bridge and SRV v3 modes removed.
  • Redesigned (simplified) GUI for the startup page and radio.
  • App folders structure changed.
Windows x64 packaged version(64bit) - https://www.yo3ggx.ro/jAReC/v5/files/jA ... in_x64.zip
Mac x86_64 signed packaged version(64bit) - https://www.yo3ggx.ro/jAReC/v5/files/jA ... x86_64.zip
Installer/updater for Linux (java 11) - https://www.yo3ggx.ro/jAReC/v5/files/ja ... aller11.sh -Use for all 32/64bit distros based on Debian (including Raspberry Pi and Chrome OS).
Installer/updater for Linux (java 17) - https://www.yo3ggx.ro/jAReC/v5/files/ja ... aller17.sh - Use for all 32/64bit distros based on Debian (including Raspberry Pi and Chrome OS).
jar file (64bit) - https://www.yo3ggx.ro/jAReC/v5/files/jA ... 11_x64.jar - Use for all other platforms not listed above.
jar file (32bit) - on demand during beta period
---
Online User Guide (Multilingual) <a href="/jAReC/v5/doc/index.html">here</a></b>
Offline User Guide (PDF-EN) <a href="/jAReC/v5/doc/jAReC_v5.0_beta1_en.pdf">here</a></b>

Please use only this thread to discuss about jAReC5 beta versions.

73 Dan YO3GGX
arttuli

Re: jAReC5 beta 1

Post by arttuli »

Which version of pocketrxtx works with this. Or should I wait for a new version?
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hello.
This version will work with Pocket RxTx5 only (development in progress).
Can be used as a standalone version in all available modes.
Currently I release this beta version just to get some feedback.

73 Dan YO3GGX
G1ZME

Post by G1ZME »

Hi Dan/all,
I can confirm that jAReC5 beta 1 works with the SDRPlay RSPDx.
The only problem so far is that there is no way to change antenna ports in the software (none that I can find).
Thanks for your efforts with this great software.
Roy
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hello Roy,

Thank you for the update. Unfortunately I'm not aware if there is any command available in rsp_tcp to select antenna, except the moment when you start the server.
You can launch rsp_tcp as a standalone app and add antenna port as parameter, as a separate radio. I will try to add in the next release the possibility to set antenna from the app in the same way.
In the future I intend to support the ExtIO.dll from SDRplay to access all the features from the radio, but I was not able to find the documentation for the library.

73 Dan YO3GGX
vk2kes

Post by vk2kes »

Hi All

rsp_tcp (RSP2) does have antenna section

-P Value 0 default means Antena A
Value 1 means Antenna B
Value 2 means Hi-Z Antenna

Regards
Kesh VK2KES
vk2kes

Post by vk2kes »

Hi Roy/Dan

I am struggling to make it work with RSP2.

On one Computer window 10 is running JAReC5 as server and selecting RTL-RSP radio config downloaded from Dan server. I am running rsp_tcp (RSP2) which is picked up by JAReC5 server under Rtltcp Socket. Running with no error..

On another computer I am using windows 10 and running JAReC5 as a client. Client connect to server. If I am changing Band or feq changes on client then it charges to server and further to rsp_tcp. I can see audio comming but it is noise only.

Can you help? Please let me know what I am missing?

Same rsp_tcp works very well with sdr# and HDSDR...

Regards

Kesh VK2KES
yo3ggx
Site Admin

Post by yo3ggx »

Hi,

If you are running jAReC5 in Direct Control mode everything is working as expected, including audio?

73 Dan YO3GGX
vk2kes

Post by vk2kes »

Hi Dan,

Thanks. It worked under Direct mode..Tomorrow I will test in details and submit my testing result.

Regards
Kesh VK2KES
IU2QMW

Post by IU2QMW »

Hi Dan, I tried with my (tr)uSDX in Direct Mode and it seems to work, the SSB audio in TX suffers of latency, in RX it works very well.
jAReC5 installed on windows10 HP laptop with default audio Driver (Conexant Audio).

Anyway congratulations. 8-)

Marco - IU2QMW